The Quality Management Committee formulates and maintains quality control guidelines which pertain specifically to the histology laboratory.
Resources & Publications
Resources created by the committee can be found online in the members only community, The Block, in the NSH Resource Library. Resources include:
- Creating a Quality Process in Histology
- Pre Microscopic Examination Specimen Handling Guidelines
- Quality Improvement Guidelines for Anatomic Pathology
- Competency Standard
- Tissue Processor Validation Form
- Process Change Control Form
- Quality Indicator Form
- Guidelines for Tissue Processing Programs Validation
- Guidelines for Equipment Validation
- Guidelines for Performing a Function Check/Validation for Automated Stainers
- Validation of Equipment/Instruments: What Does it Mean?
- Guidelines for Performing a Function Check/Validation for Microtomes
- A List of URLs for Quality Management Resources