- Mohs Histotechnologist - Ann Arbor Dermatology - Ann Arbor, MI
- Histologist - Summit Pathology - Loveland, CO
- Pathology Supervisor - John Peter Smith Hospital - Forth Worth, TX
- Laboratory Manager - GALA Histology Lab - Houston, TX
- Supervisor- Anatomic Pathology - Samaritan Health Services - Corvallis, OR
All About HistoQIP
What is HistoQIP?
1. Can our lab participate in more than one HistoQIP program?
2. Why are mislabelled or unlabelled slides not graded?
3. Why are slides not graded when the incorrect tissue is selected or the incorrect stain is applied?
4. Is there an additional fee for the continuing education credits from HistoQIP?
6. How do I order HistoQIP?
7. Did you know you can earn CE Credits online?
HistoQIP is a quality assurance program for histopathology, jointly sponsored by the National Society for Histotechnology and the College of American Pathologists. The primary emphasis of the program is to improve the quality of histologic preparations routinely performed in the histology laboratory through education.
For each set of slides submitted, participants will receive an evaluation specific to their laboratory, an educational critique, and a participant summary report that includes peer comparison data, performance benchmarking data, and information regarding best-performing procedures and techniques.
Twice each year, participating laboratories submit one stained and coverslipped glass slide from five different cases (two H&E-stained slides, two special stains, and one immunohistochemistry stain). All submitted slides will be recuts of specific surgical tissue types or positive control tissue that will vary from one challenge to the next. Submitted slides will be evaluated for histologic technique by an expert panel of histotechnologists, histotechnicians, and pathologists using uniform grading criteria. The following areas will be evaluated: fixation, tissue processing and embedding, microtomy, staining, and coverslipping.
Become a HistoQIP Grader
Potential graders must meet the grader criteria established by the NSH HistoQIP committee detailed on the grader application. Applications must be submitted with your Curriculum Vitae annually by December 31st.
Click here for the application and grader criteria. (Word Doc)
Click here for the application and grader criteria. (PDF)
For more information on HistoQIP, or to place an order, call CAP at 800-323-4040, option 1.
To access this program in the CAP online store click HERE.