- Histotech/ Lab Supervisor | Folio Biosciences
- Histology Technician - Objective | UW Health
- Colorado PRA/ Histotechnologist or Histotechnician | University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
- Histology Technician | University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Director of Operations, Anatomic Pathology-- UCLA Health and David Geffen School of Medicine | UCLA HEALTH, DAVID GEFFEN SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
NSH Webinar: The Basics are Critical: Tissue Fixation, Pre-analytical Variability, and Biomarkers
Presented by Jennifer Freeland, BS, HTL (ASCP), Research & Development Manager, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Kalamazoo, MI
Tissue fixation is one of the very first chapters in all the histology text books for a very good reason: it is critical to specimen quality. With the emergence of clinically relevant biomarkers, there is the renewed focus on standardization of fixation and other pre-analytical variables: fixation has again become a central topic. This webinar will explore fixation in a historical sense, explore fixative types and chemistries, and compare results of poorly fixed tissues with well-fixed tissues. We will also consider the impact of fixation and other affiliated pre-analytical variables on modern biomarkers of clinical interest.