- Mohs Histotechnologist - Ann Arbor Dermatology - Ann Arbor, MI
- Histologist - Summit Pathology - Loveland, CO
- Pathology Supervisor - John Peter Smith Hospital - Forth Worth, TX
- Laboratory Manager - GALA Histology Lab - Houston, TX
- Supervisor- Anatomic Pathology - Samaritan Health Services - Corvallis, OR
Benefits of Membership
"I have been proudly involved with NSH for many years. I volunteer at the NSH Symposium/Convention and mentor new members; I have made connections that guarantee me if I ever wanted to go anywhere in the country, I could find employment. But above the career advantages, the training opportunities, and pride of professional organization, I have gained deep and dear friendships with histology professionals all over the world!
NSH is not just a professional society... we are a FAMILY who encourages, educates, inspires, and looks out for each other... like every great family does."-
-LaVinia Ray, Pathology Supervisor at Southern Research Institute
The National Society for Histotechnology was formed in 1973 by a group of dedicated histologists with the purpose of sharing scientific and technical knowledge to the histology community worldwide. These efforts were to help advance the discipline of Histotechnology and aid professionals in their career.
NSH believes lifelong education is the key to a satisfying career and continued professional advancement.
KEY BENEFITS FOR NSH MEMBERS
- Annual Symposium Convention: The largest histology conference of its kind, with over 100 educational sessions covering the most relevant topics in histology.
- Two-day Hands-On Training Forums on specialty topics including Mohs, VIR, and IHC.
- Laboratory Webinar Series: Monthly 1 hour, live teleconferences, available for purchase individually or as a full 12-month series.
- Online Learning Center: On-demand webinars available for purchase to fullfill continuing education requirements.
Timely Tools & Resources
In addition to credit eligible education, NSH also provides many online study tools and reference guides available exclusively to members on NSH's online platform, The Block.
- The Image Bank: A collection of digital slides for HT/HTL exam prep or troubleshooting in the lab.
- Archived Webinars: Available on the Block, this collection of over 40 archived webinars are perfect for on the job training, and filing gaps in knowledge.
- Resource Library: The resource library section of the Block contains checklists, primers, reference guides, and other practical tools, to help keep your workplace functioning at its best.
- NSH Podcast Series: Get to know your peers and get inspired, with NSH's new Podcast Series, Women in Histology. The series celebrates Women's History Month, with a series of interviews with working NSH women, discussing topics such as work/life balance, negotiating salaries, and mentorship.
- Histology Exam Simulator: An online study tool available for purchase (at a discounted rate for members) for preparation for the HT/HTL Exam.
Life Changing Connections
- The Block: In addition to hosting resources, the Block features an Open Forum Section, which allows members to post topics for discussion, for easy access to advice and troubleshooting tips from fellow histologists.
- The Symposium/Convention: The annual S/C provides the opportunity to network face-to-face with over 1,000 attendees, giving members the opportunity to make lasting connections with fellow histology professionals from around the world.
- Volunteering: Becoming a committee member or joining the S/C Program Team, is a great way to get more involved in NSH and meet members who share the same specialty and interests.
- The NSH Career Center: NSH members have access to career resources on the Block, as well as NSH's new Career Center which features histology jobs from top employers.
For just $80, this is what becoming a member of NSH can do for you!
The NSH Membership Year runs from January to December. You may join at any time during the year. Dues are not pro-rated.
Mail: 8850 Stanford Blvd, Suite 2900, Columbia, MD 21045 Fax: 443-535-4055