Cancer Diagnostics, Inc., Frank J. Monek Memorial Scholarship
Sponsored by Cancer Diagnostics and the Monek Family
This scholarship is to support educational endeavors in the pursuit of career advancement through new or additional certifications and/or educational degrees for the histology professional.
Frank J. Monek was the founder of Surgipath Medical Industries, Inc and led the company as President and CEO. Frank was a visionary, an innovator, a leader and a mentor who was not afraid to take chances. He was a staunch supporter of State Histology Societies as well as the National Society for Histotechnology. This scholarship is sponsored and presented by Cancer Diagnostics, Inc. and Frank's daughters, Andrea and Michelle.
$10,000 scholarship, recognition at the NSH annual awards banquet.
- Recipient must be an NSH member for a minimum of 2 consecutive years.
- Can be nominated or can self-apply, but must submit the application form provided (click here to download the form).
- Must have at least two letters of recommendation that outlines the applicant’s commitment to the profession, and why the candidate is deserving of the scholarship.
- CV/Resume required
- Only complete application packages received by the closing date will be considered.
Additional Application Requirements
- Narrative of the applicant’s goals over the next three years and how the funds will assist in achieving these goals.
Anyone who has recieved the Cancer Diagnostics, Inc., Frank J. Monek Memorial Scholarship within the last 5 years is ineligible for this scholarship.