Newcomer Supply Helping Hand Scholarship
Sponsored by Newcomer Supply
The purpose of this scholarship is to support individuals or organizations that provide histology educational opportunities or improvements to underserved institutions/groups/countries. Any worthy project, new or ongoing, that elevates the educational fortune of members of the histotechnology community will be considered.
Monies can be used to:
- Support national and international education outreach efforts.
- Increase the quality and expertise of educational opportunities for student groups with limited or deteriorated access to educational facilities and educators.
- Affect efforts to recruit future generations of histotechnologists and promote the study of histology.
- Provide needed educational supplies or equipment
$2,000 scholarship, recognized at the NSH annual awards banquet.
- Recipient must be an NSH member for a minimum of 2 consecutive years.
- Can be nominated or can self-apply using the application form provided (download here).
- Must have at least one letter of recommendation that outlines the applicant’s commitment to the profession.
- CV/Resume preferred, but not required
- Only complete application packages received by the closing date will be considered.
Additional Application Requirements
- One page narrative on how the applicant intends to utilize the funds.