- Mohs Histotechnologist - Ann Arbor Dermatology - Ann Arbor, MI
- Histologist - Summit Pathology - Loveland, CO
- Pathology Supervisor - John Peter Smith Hospital - Forth Worth, TX
- Laboratory Manager - GALA Histology Lab - Houston, TX
- Supervisor- Anatomic Pathology - Samaritan Health Services - Corvallis, OR
Professional Development Opportunities Available Through NSH
Education offered through NSH meets all the requirements for ASCP certification as an HT or HTL as well as requirements for continuing education for a Qualification in IHC.
FACE TO FACE EDUCATION
Annual Symposium/Convention – over 100 educational opportunities under one roof.; access to emerging technologies through the vendor showcase.
Topic Forums – the Society hosts several 1 - 3 day events through the year around the regions in an effort to bring education to the local level. Topics range from specialties in IHC or VIR to HT Readiness courses.
Laboratory Series – monthly webinars sold to train multiple members of your lab at once.
Individual Topics – webinars offered in a variety of topics sold to individuals.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: TIME WELL SPENT…GUARANTEED!
By volunteering you have the ability to network with the profession’s leaders and gain important mentor relationships. This results in enhanced career opportunities. Additionally, the society offers 2 contact hours per year for those in service to the Society through the committee level.
· Authorship of a scientific article for Journal of Histotechnology
· First Time Presentation of a Poster at Symposium/Convention
· Presentation of a workshop or seminar at State/Regional/National Meetings
· Reading Select Journal of Histotechnology Articles
· Quick Quizzes included in NSH in Action