- Histology Technician - Michiana Gastroenterology, Inc - South Bend, Indiana
- Histotechnician - Emerald Coast Dermatology and Skin Surgery Center - Crestview, Florida
- Histotechnologist - Cary Gastroenterology - Cary, North Carolina
- Histology Technician, Anatomical Pathology - Kaiser Permanente - Portland, Oregon
- IHC Histotechnologist - Suburban Hospital, a member of Johns Hopkins Medicine - Bethesda, Maryland
Professional Development Opportunities Available Through NSH
Education offered through NSH meets all the requirements for ASCP certification as an HT or HTL as well as requirements for continuing education for a Qualification in IHC.
FACE TO FACE EDUCATION
Annual Symposium/Convention – over 100 educational opportunities under one roof.; access to emerging technologies through the vendor showcase.
Summer Symposium – concentrated Hot Topics in the field offered over 2 days in June.
Topic Forums – the Society hosts several 1 day events through the year around the regions in an effort to bring education to the local level. Topics range from specialties in IHC or VIR to HT Readiness courses.
ONLINE LEARNING CENTER
This portal was established to bring the best of our events and tools to an online format to assist you with your continuing education. The Center includes:
Teleconferences – we provide 1 hour sessions at a reasonable price to assist you in your certification endeavors.
Events Topics – selected workshops from our live events are captured and maintained for those of you unable to join us face to face.
Courseware – our self Assessment Series has been in existence for over 15 years and helps to refresh your skills and theory in various subject matters as well as prepare for your readiness to sit for the HT Exam.
NSH offers a variety of ways to continue learning… hours are awarded for the following:
· Authorship of a scientific article for Journal of Histotechnology
· First Time Presentation of a Poster at Symposium/Convention
· Presentation of a workshop or seminar at State/Regional/National Meetings
· Reading Select Journal of Histotechnology Articles
· Quick Quizzes included in NSH in Action
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: TIME WELL SPENT…GUARANTEED!
By volunteering you have the ability to network with the profession’s leaders and gain important mentor relationships. This results in enhanced career opportunities. Additionally, the society offers 2 contact hours per year for those in service to the Society through the committee level.<-->