Region Director: Donna Willis
Director's 2015 Annual Report
Summary of Activities:
- In August 2014 I attended the NSH 40th Annual Symposium/Convention in Austin, Texas where I attended and actively participated in:
- Attended 2014 NSH Symposium/Conference, Aug. 22-29, 2014 in Austin, TX shadowing Jan Gardner, Director Region VI in all BOD, HOD and other meetings during the symposium.
- Took office at the end of the HOD.
- Participated in Board of Directors conference calls and emails.
- Have been in contact with Arkansas Society regarding the new interim Board of Director. The New Board will take office at the annual meeting in March 7, 2015.
- Attended the Texas Society for Histotechnology in Plano on March 20-22, 2015 at the Marriot at Legacy Town Center.
- Louisiana Society had a productive meeting in New Orleans on June 5-6, 2015.
- BOD Liaison to Membership Committee.
On-Going Activities & Projects:
- Continue to provide information concerning NSH and Region activities to Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma and New Mexico histology personnel.
- Participate in all conference call Board meetings, email and other duties.
- Plan to keep in touch with Region VI state societies.
- Continue to promote and communicate NSH information to Region VI presidents and members
- Attend state histology meetings within Region VI and promote NSH benefits.
- Recruit and retain members to NSH.
- Do better job in the upcoming year as far as getting more involved with the state societies.